Thursday, February 14, 2013

IPCC art

A little off topic but partly why I ride.  I don't believe in car commuting and drive as little as possible.  So, well, whatever...  

I was walking one of my dog's today and came across some interesting public artwork/'food-for-thought' on the seawall.

Weppler/Mahovsky have painted on light posts and the Granville St Bridge where various outcomes of climate change could leave us in terms of rising sea level.


It's interesting to walk beside them and see just how deep of a hole we are digging ourselves.  Fwiw, those 'indicators' are my height.  That's a whole lotta property value turned into first floor swimming pools.


I dunno, maybe it's all too far away to worry about.  
Or maybe we should get our collective heads out of our asses.  

Storms like NY experienced with Sandy are just the beginning.  
I thnk I'm gonna buy a boat.

No comments: